Saturday, December 8, 2012

Routine Is Good

I'm growing up!
I like routine, there I've said it. When we go on trips overnight, it's okay for a day or two, but then I want to go HOME! All my toys are there, I know where to sleep and eat and drink. Sure I get lots of exercise, but everything is better at home.

Last week we started a sort of new routine, I think. One day we went for a long, long walk. By the time I got home all I wanted to do was plop down for a nap - so I did. Two days later we went to the doggy park and even when no one is there it's FUN. I ran and ran and ran. We played hide and seek, fetch (my way) and all the sniffing I could stand. We went home and plop I went for a nap. And two days later we did it again!

The other routine we have is that I'm wild and crazy just before bed. It works for me, but my humans don't appreciate my high energy at that time of night. What can I say, it helps me sleep to release a little energy before bed time. They'll get used to it :D

All in all, routine is good. Don't get me wrong, I like surprises once and a while, especially when they involve treats, but I need me some routine sometimes to keep me relaxed. Wake up, potty outside, eat, drink, play, nap and repeat. After supper I love to go for a walk or run at the doggy park and just before bed, go potty outside, run around like a maniac and then to bed. Nothing to it.

Mostly my humans keep my routine pretty steady and I appreciate that cuz I always gotta know where to sleep, eat, drink and go potty. All the rest usually works out. I'll keep you posted.

Bye for now,
Loki