Thursday, November 8, 2012

Surprising My Humans

We've been having trouble communicating lately. I feel that it is perfectly acceptable to pull at my human's clothes or hands to let them know I have to go potty. They, however, disagree and get really mad when I do it and I get puppy time outs. So as you might remember, while I was convalescing we did some "shaping" to get to ringing a bell to go outside.


The other day, "click", I figured it out! I barked at my human and rang the bell and went out to got potty. No time outs, just right outside! It was fabulous! Apparently, my humans did not understand exactly what I meant when I pulled at their hands and clothes, but the bell they understand. It was a moment.

The other surprise I had for my humans involved the garbage can. That surprise they didn't like so much, but what do they expect when they put good stuff in it while I'm watching? What happened was that I was just minding my own business smelling something that was just put into the garbage but the lid was closed, so I got closer. All of a sudden I stepped on something and the lid went up like magic. I did more than smell the stuff then. Next I heard this weird sound, my humans telling me to leave it, but laughing too. I don't get it, but I'll keep you posted.

Bye for now,
Loki