Sunday, November 4, 2012

Puppy Games

See my big delicious treat? I got that the day after my stitches were taken out and boy do I like it, because I'm still working on it. I get plenty of treats and rewards from my humans. I usually have to work for them, but it's not hard to shake or sit to get treats. And waiting in the car for a few minutes while they go into this huge building is okay too, because I get stuff like in the picture.


One of my favorite things to do is find treats. I think I've got a pretty good nose, but my humans can be tricky about hiding treats for me to find. They're under blankets, in corners and who knows where they can think of. The trick is to make sure the treat has a good strong smell and I can find anything!

While I was laid up with that surgery stuff, they tried to find things for me to do. They of course hid treats for me to find, but I'm so good it doesn't take that long to find them. They then started showing me "touch". I touch a hand with my nose and wow a treat. It took me exactly 3 treats to figure that one out.

Next they taught me how to ring a bell. That was cool too, because what'd ya know, TREAT! Now the bell is hanging by the door to go potty. I usually have to ring it before I go outside, but they forget sometimes. I think they want me to ring it to go outside potty, but I'm not sure yet. My humans call it "shaping" when they start with baby steps to get to what they want to teach me to do. I call it TREATS!  I'll keep you posted.

Bye for now,
Loki