Monday, July 16, 2012

Human Training Class

I told you last week that my sneaky humans signed me up for "Puppy Class", a.k.a. "Human Class" and we had a meet & greet with the teacher. I'll admit it, I'm a chicken. All those other dogs I met are totally uncivilized. They're big, they smell me all over and they listen to their humans. Although, they get lots of treats too. I'll have to think on that.

For our first class, my humans learned "watch me" with a treat, "sit" with a treat (you get the picture), "down", "relax" and my least favorite, "leave it". Of course I was an excellent student even though there were 2 other dogs and people walking by.


And then there was play time. Since I was new to this, I mostly just watched. This one time I started to invite the others to play, but I changed my mind. It looked like they were having fun, but I wanted to watch some more to make sure I did it right. I intend to be an "A" student you see.

Ever since then, my humans have been practicing with me everyday. IT'S GREAT! Their timing with the treats is almost perfect. How lucky am I to have such smart humans. Evenings is still our problem time. After a long day I can get testy and I really enjoy our rides in the car, so when I don't get them and right away, well, I'm sure you understand. I'll keep you posted.

Bye for now,
Loki