Monday, July 23, 2012

Socializing Ups and Downs

Two days in a row we went to the dog park, once in the evening and then the next morning. The evening was mostly fun because I kept running up the fence where small dogs were, they'd bark and I'd take off running. My human, Jeanne wasn't very happy with me and a couple of times she put the leash on. I couldn't stop, it was fun. They couldn't get me!!!

Later a new dog came to the park and I just couldn't take it. In all fairness, I was tired and there were alot of other dogs there which sometimes makes me worried, so cut me some slack. But I just melted down and that other dog kept trying to get me to play. I didn't want to, it wouldn't stop so I started hopping about and in the end we had to go home and I wasn't happy.


I got over it when I got my first bath. I'm not sure if I'd call it fun, but I've already been in the shower lots of times licking my humans toes and startling the bejesus out them :D This time I got soaked and now I smell like a "GIRL". It sure did make me feel cool though. Down side is that I was still damp the next morning.

So when we went to the dog park this morning I was fresh as a daisy and played in the dirt with a bit of mud by the water bowls for good measure. Low and behold there were some dogs there that even looked a bit like me. I was totally comfortable at the dog park this morning too. We romped and played.

Toward the end of our 2 hour visit I had 2 puppies about my size and my age to run with. This time I joined in and we chased each other under the picnic table, around the trees, around the humans sitting in their chairs and through the bushes. A couple of times I cut some corners and caught up with my other 2 friends. My human, said I was cheating, but all's fair in love and tag.

While we were at the park I did hear my humans talking about sleds, harnesses, gee, haw, on-by, and mushing. I don't really know what all that stuff means except that once my humans were using gee, haw and right left while we played with my circle toy. I'll keep you posted.

Bye for now,
Loki