Sunday, September 30, 2012

Allergies Are A Pain

A while ago I told you about my ear infection and how the vet said it's probably allergies. Well it came back and now my ears, nose and eyelids are itchy and swollen and loosing their fur. I hate it! So I have to take these allergy medicines and I get an ointment for my itchy spots that clear it up pretty good but I don't like it. Well maybe it's okay because if I swallow the pill good and quick I get treats and it doesn't give me a belly ache.

From what my humans tell me, I could be allergic to almost anything. In fact they heard of a dog who was allergic to the sun and the grass. The sun I could deal with because frankly I don't like to be in it either. I run from shade to shade in the yard all the time. But allergic to the grass, that would be terrible! What would I roll in and run through at the dog park?


Right now we're waiting to see if things settle down once the snow falls. I don't know what they are talking about but it sound vaguely familiar. I think I'll like snow. If that doesn't fix it, then we're going to work on food allergies, but that is going to take a long time. They say it takes 8 weeks to get rid of allergens from food and then we'll have to test all different kinds to see what is bugging me, including treats.

I'm really fond of my treats and I don't think I want to wait 8 weeks to get them and then maybe find out that my favorite ones are what I'm allergic to. I'm still kind of hoping that it's something outside that is bugging me and only in the fall for awhile. I'll keep you posted.

Bye for now,
Loki